Strong acid cation exchanger
- Structure of matrix – gel, copolymer of styrene and divinylbenzene.
- Active group – sulfonic acid group.
- Known for its high chemical resistance to alkali, acid and oxidant.
- Resistant to high temperatures (110-120°C).
- Mechanically durable.
- Exchange capacity is only slightly dependent on pH.
Area of employment
- water softening and salt removal (in water treatment);
- separation and recovery of non-ferrous and rare metals in hydrometallurgy;
- cleaning of redistributed water and wastewater;
- regeneration of waste generated in the process of galvanic coating and metal treatment;
- separation and purification of various materials in chemical industry;
- as catalyst in organic synthesis.
For regeneration (conversion of the exhausted resin into H-form), KY-2-8 is treated with hydrochloric or sulphuric acid solution. Regeneration after use in water softening is performed with the help of 8-10% solution of sodium chloride.
Package – polyethylene bags (weight of wet product – 20kg).
Transportation – covered motor vehicles or railway transport.
Storage in warehoses at the temperature not low than +2°C.
Before use, frozen anion exchanger should be kept in a warehouse at +10-20°C in the producer's package until de-freezing for 2-4 days.
Expiry date – 12 months from the day of production.